Brittney’s experience includes working with clients with Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder and co-occurring mental health and substance use concerns.
Brittney is passionate about working with people holistically to build a life worth living, to reconnect with the meaning and purpose in their life, and to learn skills to be present and engaged in life. To do this, Brittney enjoys assisting people to learn to manage their emotions and their relationships in a more effective way, and to develop self-understanding and self-compassion.
Brittney encourages clients to take an active role in therapy, in order to feel heard, understood and respected. She also believes that at times there’s room for a bit of laughter in therapy too.
Special interest areas:
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Addictive behaviours and dual diagnoses (co-occurring mental health and substance use)
- Interpersonal/relationship difficulties
- Emotion regulation
- Long-term and treatment resistant Depression and Anxiety
Types of psychological therapies offered:
- Schema Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy